COMPASS LAKE ENGINEERING
SERVICE RIFLE FLOAT TUBE
• Install Delta Ring Assembly onto Float Tube.
• Using a clamshell or Compass Lake Engineering Receiver Fixture, fasten the
Receiver into the vice. Do not use a fixture that only engages the lugs in the
Barrel extension. A sheared index pin may result.
• Install Barrel into Receiver
• Using Moly Grease, coat the receiver threads and front surface of the barrel
extension flange. DO NOT GET GREASE BETWEEN THE BARREL EXTENSION
AND THE RECEIVER
• Install Float Tube and tighten by hand, holding the front of the tube vertical.
• Tighten with Barrel Nut Wrench. If the float tube rotates, loosen, add some
windage, and try again. Torque to approximately 50 foot pounds and any amount
more that it takes to align the notch in the barrel nut with the hole in the receiver.
It may be more than 40 foot pounds and will probably be way more. Very tight is very
good when you are installing a float tube. Use the gas tube to check the alignment
by sliding it through the barrel nut, delta ring assembly, and upper receiver.
IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO TWEAK THE ROTATION OF THE TUBE TO ALIGN
IT WITH THE FRONT SIGHT BASE.
• Install the gas tube and roll pin. Install the handguard and the cuff weight.
NOTE: THE GAS TUBE MUST FIT FREELY THROUGH THE BARREL NUT
AND RECEIVER. ALSO, PLEASE MAKE SURE THE STRIPPED BOLT CARRIER AND THE KEY SLIDE FREELY OVER THE GAS TUBE.
You should be able to wiggle the Gas tube where it goes through the upper receiver.